1. On average,1 person dies by suicide every 11 minutes in the US.
2. 79% of global suicides occur in low- and middle-income countries
3. Lesbian, gay and bisexual are almost 5 times more likely to attempt suicide
4. Suicide is preventable. Most suicidal individuals desperately want to live; they are just unable to see alternatives to their problems
5. Each suicide intimately effects at least six other people.
6. The most commonly reported means of completing suicide, across all groups, was by suffocation or hanging and poisoning
7. It is the leading cause of death in people aged 15-24 in many European countries
8. Depression is the most common psychiatric disorder in people who die by suicide
9. Females are more likely than males to have suicidal thoughts
What do you think ?
You may also like